7 Beauty Uses for Coconut Oil

Virgin coconut oil is my favorite natural beauty ingredient. Sure, it is rich in vitamin E, has great antioxidant properties, and moisturizes like no other. I also love the way this nourishing oil feels, gentle and soothing. I adore the sweet aroma. Another plus of coconut over other natural moisturizers is that it doesn't degrade with heat. It melts easily into your skin. You can warm and melt it to make different natural skin care recipes without taking away any of the beneficial properties. 

What exactly can you do with coconut? Here are my top beauty uses for coconut oil. 

  1. Lip balm. Rub a dab into dry, chapped and peeling lips for a sweet, soothing lip treat.
  2. Anti-wrinkle oil. Take a small amount and rub it into the areas of your skin that could use a little natural plumping like around the corners of your eyes and mouth.
  3. Moisturizing facial oil. Especially in the winter when my dry skin flares up, I rub coconut oil into my face, neck, and decolletage. It is great for keeping your skin supple and young-looking.
  4. Hand cream. You guessed it, nothing works for dry, chapped hands like a little coconut oil.
  5. Foot cream. After a soothing foot soak, try rubbing coconut oil into your skin to soften calluses. 
  6. Hair mask. Coconut oil is the best nourishing skin care oil to use to make a homemade hair mask. Heat up a few tablespoons of the oil until melted. You can add a couple drops of lavender, peppermint, or rosemary essential oil if you want. Coat your hair with the oil and let it condition your hair and moisturize your scalp for about twenty or thirty minutes, keeping a towel over your head to hold in the warmth.
  7. Mouth rinse. Coconut oil is antibacterial, great for gum health. Swish some in your mouth in the morning for five or ten minutes to help whiten your teeth and keep your mouth healthy and fresh. 

I use coconut oil for all of these beauty uses regularly. I also use it in my skin care recipes, which I'm sure you've noticed. Yes, it may seem like I must be constantly doused in the stuff! Keep a jar in your house. See for yourself how much coconut can keep your hair and skin in great condition.

1 comments:

Sara said...

Homemade natural Method look younger than actual age
That will give you best results
Step by step guide 👇

Natural method look younger than age

Follow my social networks for funny memes and odd news

Facebook page 👇
follow Facebook page
Twitter👇
Join Twitter
Telegram👇
Join Telegram

Post a Comment

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Disclaimer

While I love my skin, I am not actually a dermatologist or a medical professional. The information on this site is not meant to treat or diagnose any health issues.