Homemade Coffee Coconut Facial Scrub

Yes I am experimenting with coconut oil again! Here is my latest homemade face scrub recipe with nourishing coconut, coffee, and frankincense. It is super easy to make, great for evening out skin tone, and it uses some of my used coffee grounds! 

This coffee coconut facial scrub combines the exfoliating action of coffee grounds with the moisturizing, antioxidant benefits of warm coconut oil. I also add frankincense essential oil, which is one of the best essential oils for skin care in my opinion. It encourages new cell growth, making it great for aging skin, while also toning. 

To make your DIY face scrub, you will need:


  • 1 tablespoon used coffee grounds
  • 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
  • 2 drops frankincense essential oil


Add the frankincense to the coconut oil. Stir into your coffee grounds and head over to your bathroom to give your skin a sweet, exfoliating treatment. This recipe makes enough for two uses, and you don't have to worry about saving it at room temperature as coconut oil doesn't degrade. If your house is cool, the oil will harden for your next use. Simply rub in between your hands to soften. Your body heat is enough to easily melt coconut oil. 

Rub into clean skin. You took the time to make your own facial scrub, take the time to use it! Massage for about a minute, which will help to stimulate blood flow to your skin cells. A little facial massage never hurt, in fact it may make your skin glow! 


3 comments:

Lisa Anderson said...

It is very helpful and informative article. Thanks for sharing your experience with us!! I am using Sakare products, because it really helps to moisturize my skin.

Harper smith said...

Your post is really good providing good information.. I liked it and enjoyed reading it. Keep sharing such important posts.Sierrasil Vancouver

Richard Anderson said...

You did a nice work by posting it and appreciate and enjoy reading your posts. Laser hair removal Edmonton

Post a Comment

Disclaimer

While I love my skin, I am not actually a dermatologist or a medical professional. The information on this site is not meant to treat or diagnose any health issues.