DIY Moisturizing Facial Mist for That Gorgeous Glow

Keep your skin hydrated with this easy, homemade moisturizing facial mist. It combines soothing and balancing cucumber and rose flower waters with the skin softening benefits of natural vegetable glycerin and a dab of my present favorite natural skin care ingredient, flax seed oil. You can use it to wipe away oil and dirt without drying out your skin like alcohol-based toners can. It is a perfect toner for combination skin. I use it as a refreshing spray to help keep my skin moisturized and soothed during the day.

Storing Your Facial Mist Properly

I recommend preparing only a small amount at a time. These natural beauty ingredients can lose their potency the longer they sit around on a shelf, especially when exposed to heat and light. I store my natural facial mist in a small glass spray bottle in the refrigerator. I actually reuse a purchased bottle of toning spray, 2 ounces. It is hard to find little glass spray bottles on sale,
and I prefer not to use plastic bottles. Glass isn't going to rob your hydrosols of any of their therapeutic properties like plastic can.

I spritz every couple of hours, so I go through one recipe in two or three weeks. If you are only going to use your facial spray once or twice a day, be sure to store it in the refrigerator and consider making half of this recipe.

DIY Recipe

To make this moisturizing facial mist, you will need:

  • 1/2 ounce cucumber water
  • 1/2 ounce rose water
  • 1 ounce vegetable glycerin
  • 1 capsule flax seed oil, prick and squeeze out the oil

Add all ingredients to your bottle, close, and shake. Spray on your skin as needed or spray onto a cotton ball or cloth and use to wipe away surface oil, dirt, and makeup and leave your skin feeling clean, refreshed, and smooth! Cucumber is an amazing skin soother. I love the cucumber rose combination as rose balances and nourishes your skin. It is also known to have anti-aging benefits. And then wonderful, softening vegetable glycerin. It helps to protect your skin against moisture loss, and according to Mountain Rose Herb's info, to attract oxygen to your skin. Lovely!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Disclaimer

While I love my skin, I am not actually a dermatologist or a medical professional. The information on this site is not meant to treat or diagnose any health issues.