Homemade Citrus Foot Scrub Recipe


I write so much about having great facial skin, but don't think I don't have foot love! I really enjoy treating my feet to soaks, massages, and scrubs. This homemade citrus foot scrub is one of my favorite natural recipes for foot pampering. It is easy to make a batch to use for the week. I use it to exfoliate my feet in the shower and for the occasional foot soak (okay, occasional is probably not the right word, I am a luxurious bubble bath and foot soak addict!).

Scrubbing doubles as a foot massage!

Giving your feet a beauty makeover is not just about keeping your feet soft, smooth, and gorgeous, it is about your well-being too. Of course the exfoliation and the attention helps to keep your skin healthy. You gently remove dead skin, reduce calluses, and soften your skin. Another bonus to caring for your feet is the circulation boost. Good circulation, keeping that nourishing blood flowing through your entire body freely and easily is in my opinion one of the most essential goals you should have for your health and to help you look and feel younger. Exercise, regular massage therapy, and a healthy diet are all circulation boosters. Simply sitting in the tub or at your desk and taking a few minutes to rub your feet is an easy way to get your blood flowing as well. When showering, I am basically giving my feet a quick morning massage while also softening the skin with this citrus scrub.

Citrus scrub ingredients

This recipe combines brown sugar crystals for their grittiness and ideally the natural alpha hydroxy acids found in sugar cane, with moisturizing olive oil, and a refreshing blend of citrus essential oils to revitalize your feet and your senses. I add a little apple juice to get the right consistency but you can also just use a water.

To make this homemade citrus foot scrub, you will need:

  • 1 cup brown sugar or sugar cane crystals (just not refined white sugar)
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 3 drops grapefruit essential oil
  • 3 drops orange essential oil
  • 3 drops neroli essential oil
  • apple juice or water, just enough to loosen the consistency of the sugar scrub, about 1/4 cup

Start by adding the citrus essential oils to the olive oil. Of course you can use other carrier oils like sesame, almond, or avocado. Olive oil is usually the most inexpensive and you do need to use quite a bit to prepare this homemade scrub. Mix the oils into the sugar and then add your juice or water. I mix right into the glass bowl that I store the scrub in, sealed and refrigerated. Before jumping in the shower I scoop out a few spoonfuls in a cup and bring it with my to the bathtub. It's that simple.




1 comments:

hamadikaiserman said...

4D titanium bohr model by Tatak Fazarin
The 5D apple watch titanium titanium bohr is babylisspro nano titanium an titanium bar stock ultra-efficient 3D printer trex titanium headphones and also allows for printing custom iron titanium models. We provide 4D models, 3D models for

Post a Comment

Mountain Rose Herbs. A herbs, health and harmony c

Disclaimer

While I love my skin, I am not actually a dermatologist or a medical professional. The information on this site is not meant to treat or diagnose any health issues.